Friday, August 7, 2015

Ardent


 having, expressive of, or characterizedby intense feeling; passionate; fervent:

an ardent vow; ardent love.

Having recently been in a bad automobile accident I've had a lot of time to think... Maybe too much time to think (for those of you who know me... Stop nodding) 

Due to my current limitations I've been unable to do many of the things if not most of the things I did before on a daily basis. Work (a few different jobs), cook, clean, care for my children... I'm not even supposed to drive.  To say that I need to rely on others to help is an understatement... And one that I've always had trouble with. (Stop nodding!) 

So... Instead... I've spent a fair amount of time zoning out in front of my television attempting to watch movies that I usually end up falling asleep to. The main theme in most of the chick flicks (they're the easiest to zone out to) is finding the "perfect guy"... Or manipulating a man into being that "perfect guy." 
Meghan Trainor's most recent hit "Dear Future Husband" in a satirical way lists out demands if you will that our culture has adapted as acceptable standards for this "perfect guy" that we are all looking for. Things like:

"Take me on a date
I deserve it, babe
And don't forget the flowers every anniversary
'Cause if you'll treat me right
I'll be the perfect wife
Buying groceries
Buy-buying what you need"

A laundry list of expectations and promises... Which got me thinking. What would I say to my future husband (if there is one out there) and here's what I came up with:

For you,

I wish that I could give you the unscarred, less jaded version of me... Unfortunately, I can't. I can't say that you'll be my first love.... But you will be my last. 

I can't promise you a fairy tale or a whirlwind romance. But I can promise you faithfulness, unwavering loyalty and honesty.  To accept and respect you for all of who you are and not to hold back all of who I am.

I will always be here to support and encourage you, I will always have your back (even when I disagree... Which is bound to happen (stop nodding!)) to encourage you in your dreams, to push you forward or catch you when you fall. 
 
I promise to touch you every day, and make sure that you don't go to bed without knowing how much I love you.  To love, nurture and desire you with all that I have. 

To hear who you are, to see who you are, to share my heart with you and treasure yours.

To pray with you, to seek His direction with you. To adventure with you, seek new horizons and experience new things. 

To love you... Most ardently (thanks Mr. Darcy) and to be worthy of that love in return.  These things. I promise to you. 


Always yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment